Speaking of Creating 5 1/4" floppies

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Mon Aug 17 18:46:30 CDT 2015

I wonder if someone can help with a bit of a problem I have.

I have a compaq portable 3 system which has a working Pick (Non dos)
system on it.

It has the 5 1/4" floppy drives on it.  I am looking for a bootable
floppy or 2 with something like dos 6.x on it and some utility that can
read and write disk sectors.  Preferably the latter is a nice gui
program, but beggers can't be choosers.

I need to boot it up from the floppy drive and modify the pick system
dictionary to remove the main password.  So the change to the system
will be surgical, just one sector.

If anyone can help, can you send me a note and let me know how I can
compensate you for your help.

If I really move crap around I may be able to find a system with the 5
1/4" floppies on it, but I'm not sure I could get a program onto the
system then out to the 5 1/4" drive and am also looking for suggestions
about what disk utility / editor might be useful if anyone has
suggestions on that.  I'll go ahead and dredge up something soon if I
can't get help from somewhere.

thanks
Jim Stephens