R: Re: Writing 8" floppies with SuperCard Pro

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Aug 13 02:16:14 CDT 2015

On 08/12/2015 11:37 PM, supervinx wrote:
> Older DOS utils like IMD or TELEDISK knew better about 8" disks and
> precompression, directly accessing the controller. If the Supercard
> software has been written with no 8" disks support it will be hard to
> manage writes correctly. My two cents

It's perfectly possible; it's done with the Catweasel routinely.  I
don't know what the resolution of the Supercard is, but it should be at
least equivalent to the 40MHz of the old Catweasel MK 3, wouldn't you think?

Take a look at the Linux Catweasel drivers if you want a hint.  The
source is still out there.

--Chuck