cctech Digest, Vol 14, Issue 10

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Aug 11 13:06:43 CDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 1:00 PM, <cctech-request at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> From: Brent Hilpert <hilpert at cs.ubc.ca>
>
> There was also AlgolW, supported on MTS.
>
> As MTS was being mentioned earlier I was going to ask if anyone knew
> whether the AlgolW compiler was included in the available distribution.

​The sources are available - they were googlable - send me a note off list
and I can put together a tar image of what I have.  FYI:  It was written
PL/360.  I did some hacking on it under TSS years ago.​ IIRC  Wirth did
AlgolW on the 360 at Stanford which was running one of the OS/360 flavors.
  CMU ported to TSS and Michigan to MTS.

also check out:
The Programming Languages Genealogy Project

http://everything2.com/title/the+Programming+Languages+Genealogy+Project

​Clem​