ISA Pertec controllers available

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 22:27:51 CDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Tom Moss <tomjmoss at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Shaun,
>
> I'd be interested in the pertec board if the drivers ever show up.
>
> Cheers,
> -Tom

I believe the same Chi Outright real mode DOS software works for both
the Computer Logics PCTD-III and the PCTD-16. I have used that
software and the companion TSR driver with good results with a
PCTD-16. I wrote some simple applications to use the TSR driver to
read physical tapes into .TAP files and to write .TAP files out to
physical tapes and that worked well with the PCTD-16.

If I remember correctly I was able to get the Outright software to at
least appear to work with the PCTD-III, but for some unknown reason I
couldn't get the PCTD-III and the TSR driver to work as expected with
my applications.

I should still have a PCTD-III here along with more than one PCTD-16
but it would probably be a while before I got around to poking at them
again to verify if I remember the situation correctly.

-Glen