Pertec Tape Drive Interface Musings

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Aug 3 20:41:33 CDT 2015

On 08/03/2015 03:40 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
> On 6/10/15 8:17 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
>>

>> I got a Pertec key to tape system surplus, and created a
>> mostly software interface with very minimal hardware to
>> read and write tapes on my S-100 Z-80 system.
>
> XL-40?

The system I had was, I'm pretty sure, made by Pertec.  I
still have the manuals for it, and curiously they don't list
ANY manufacturer in the title block.  It was a really small
thing, about 19 inches wide and 12 inches tall, with a
fairly stock spring-arm 9 track drive with 7" tape reels.

I couldn't find the listing on eBay.

Jon