PDP11/70 on ebay

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Apr 25 11:41:35 CDT 2015

    > From: Douglas Taylor

    > Sure is nice looking and expensive...

I can't figure out if that price ($5K) is reasonable or not. I have
previously dealt with that seller on another item, a dead/banged-up 11/05
that another list member wound up buying; the seller's asking price on that
was a little high (based on the average of sales since then for that class of
machine), but not an integral factor high, as often seen on eBay (or an order
of magnitude high, also to be seen on eBay).

My guess, given how rare they are now, the fact that it's complete (including
all cables - often cut/removed), etc, etc is that this is once again in the
ballpark, if on the high end. Am I confused?

	Noel