Late-model Hercules card

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Wed Apr 22 05:52:39 CDT 2015

On 4/22/2015 2:18 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 22 April 2015 at 01:49, Chuck Guzis<cclist at sydex.com>  wrote:
>> >A related episode was the deployment of monochrome VGA monitors.
>> >Significantly less expense than the color ones.
I have a 7" full resolution VGA Monochrome monitor of some odd vintage.
When I found it at the TRW swapmeet, I grabbed it by the cables and
shoved I think $20 to the guy for it, and had other hands going for it
before the exchange was done (one off).  every row i'd have someone
wanting to go buy one.

This is a CRT, and not a flat screen, and is also 1024 x 768, I think if
not higher.  Perfect for my firewall, and lower power than the
alternatives then to live full time on the UPS.

I have the phone, firewall, display and one system with a flatscreen on
battery, and can withstand a 30min dead power event w/o any problem, and
also have an extra system that can go out, on the chance that the cable
people didn't loose power to their hardware. I will probably switch to
some of the 7" or smaller displays at some time for at least the
displays on the system.

The 7" VGA crt is probably 12 or 15 years old now, and going fine, don't
know how long TFT will last.

thanks
jim