UK PDP11 wanted

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Apr 11 10:25:57 CDT 2015

http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2015-February/003756.html

    >> For QBUS _memory_, it should 'just work', in the same way that you can
    >> plug an M8190 into a Q/CD backplane with some QBUS memory, and it will 'just
    >> work'. (I.e. the M8190 will automatically do QBUS memory cycles if
    >> that's the kind of memory that's out there.)

    > I'll believe that when you plug the Qbus memory *before* the CPU in a
    > Q/CD backplane.

But the QBUS part of _any_ QBUS backplane is not 'directional' in the same
way the CD part of the backplane in an ordinary Q/CD backplane is. (Note that
the 11/84 backplane's CD section is _not_ 'directional' the way a normal Q/CD
backplane's CD section is. See:

  http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2015-February/003757.html

for more.) So for plain QBUS memory, it doesn't matter where it is in the
QBUS backplane, in relation to the CPU.

	Noel