Brian Kernighan @ VCF East

Roe Peterson roeapeterson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 02:39:36 CDT 2015

> On Apr 9, 2015, at 10:15 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan at snarc.net> wrote:

>> Right, I read it wrong.  Doesn't matter, I've already done the Expedia thing.  I really wanted to attend, schedules changed, I can get there now, and I just wish I could bring my 11/15.
>
> Great! From where are you traveling?
>
> (People have come from four continents...)

Saskatchewan, Canada -- the Great White North :-)

>>> Kernighan is on Saturday morning (April 18). Sunday morning's speaker is Bob Frankston, who programmed a little thing called VisiCalc.  :)

I remember it well, we sold VisiCalc on both the pet and apple way, WAY back when.  Cool stuff, and it got me writing 6502 assembler just to keep up with the sheer speed.

>>> Friday is 17 technical classes, free pizza, and the PDP-8 ceremony.
>> See you there.  I'll be the 6 foot 6 geek wandering around with a stunned look on his face...
>
> I'll look for you. If you see me first, then please introduce yourself. I'm the skinny 5-foot-8 bald Jew.

There has _got_ to be a punch line in here someplace, but it's just too late at night for my fuzzy brain to come up with it...