RL02-USB Controller Status/Problem

Don North north at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 7 00:53:59 CDT 2015

Shouldn't the controller be using the DEC STD 144 bad sector replacement table
in the last sector to transparently remap bad sectors such that, to the user,
the -DC packs appear error free? If this were done each RL02 image should appear
error-free in logical block address space as the hidden remapping of bad sectors
on -DC drives would not be seen by the user (or O/S).

All the other proposed ways of handling -DC bad sectors have serious
compatibility issues.

Don