36bit still in use ?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Fri Nov 28 16:49:52 CST 2014

Sorry, I was just alluding to the "board" inside the ~1U device labeled as
"XKL TOAD-2" in the video at around 0:30 in.

Watching it a second time through, however, it appears that the TOAD-2 box
shown in the video actually contains two discrete boards!

I don't think that's an off-the-shelf product, LOL. I assume the board is a
common system controller used in their network equipment product line and
the TOAD-2 is a one-off; a few system controllers from stock, a chassis
with plexiglas lid swapped in and a few extra holes drilled... produced per
request of a good customer ;)

I'm wondering now, do you think the TOAD-2 actually does anything? Or is it
just a static display to demonstrate minimization of the PDP-10 over time?
Can it run TOPS? Or is it just a router lacking any network interfaces?

Best,

Sean