Yay, now I need some Osborne boot media!

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 00:48:39 CST 2014

> > I thnik the 'must haves' depend very much on which aspect of this
> > hobby you are interested in.
>
> And that, I agree with.
>
> I'm not sure whether I have a PC with a 5-1/4" drive installed, because
> it's been an age since I cared about reading a 5-1/4" floppy.  My own
> focus is on machines a bit more recent; I focus on things like Suns,
> NeXTen, and Alphas.  Occasion to care about floppies - of any size - is
> somewhere between "very rare" and "never" for me.

I am in much the same position. The machines that I am most interested in
either don't have floppies at all (e..g HP9830) or if they do, they're 8"
(PERQs, Unibus PDP11s, Philips P800s). So I while I do have a setup for
reading/writing 5.25" disks (I find a TRS80 Model 4 to be very useful for
this, at least it has a WD controller...) it's not essential for me.

-tony