Yay, now I need some Osborne boot media!

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:29:10 CST 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Cisin" <cisin at xenosoft.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Yay, now I need some Osborne boot media!

> On Mon, 24 Nov 2014, drlegendre . wrote:
>> @One or two recent posters (...)
>> Gee whiz guys, I'm not exactly new to this game.. I've been collecting
>> computer stuff for 20 years and at this point have had to sell more than
>> I've managed to retain.
>
> Sorry.
> I lose track of whom I am writing to.
---------------
So does he, apparently; I was actually replying to Peter...

> And, a single remark, misinterpreted as implying lack of knowledge, can
> fool me into not realizing that I am being patronizing to those who know
> far more than I ever will.
> This is not the first time that I've made a fool of myself.
I don't see a problem with mentioning that it would be helpful if his PC/XT
had a serial or parallel port and that a null-modem cable is a useful thing
to have; also, not everyone is aware that you don't need compatible media to
install and use Laplink/Interlink etc. although he obviously is ;-)

Some folks get defensive so easily...