What to look for in a Model 33 Teletype - a newb's buyer's guide?

Dale H. Cook radiotest at juno.com
Fri Nov 21 15:18:57 CST 2014

At 02:58 PM 11/21/2014, drlegendre wrote:

>I have virtually no idea what any of that means. =/

The 20 mA current interface was the standard current loop interface for Teletypes such as the ASR-33 sometimes used as consoles for DEC minis.

I used them for a number of years on a couple of pdp8/m systems that had ASR-33s as consoles, and also took care of many 20 mA loops used with other Teletype models when I worked as an Associated Press technician in the early 1980s. AP used Lenkurt data sets to receive data from analog telco loops and convert it to current loops for teletypes.

Dale H. Cook, GR / HP Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/index.html