Jack Livesley (co-host with Jim Butterfield) comes to the Personal Computer Museum Saturday

Syd Bolton sbolton at bfree.on.ca
Fri Nov 14 09:58:39 CST 2014

For those that remember "Bits & Bytes" and "The Academy on Computers"
that aired on TVOntario in 1983, I have some great news!

While sadly
Jim Butterfield passed away in 2007, co-host of the Academy, Jack
Livesley, is still around and will be coming to the Personal Computer
Museum (http://www.pcmuseum.ca) in Brantford, Ontario, Canada to do a
live Q&A Saturday November 15, 2014 at 1:00 PM EST.

For those that are
not aware, the Personal Computer Museum is a not-for-profit and the only
interactive personal computer museum in Canada. It is also home to
Canada's largest videogame collection (over 15,000 games and counting)
and also home to the largest known collection of CED video discs
too!

The visit is of significance to me personally because Jack was one
of the people that inspired me to choose computers as a career path. He
will be accompanied by Karl Hildon, who was the editor of "Transactor"
magazine which folks that loved Commodore computers will definitely
remember as well.

Directions and more information can be found on our
website. For a glimpse at Jack and more details on the event, please see
http://pcmuseum.ca/jacklivesley.asp

Admission is free although
donations of electronics and money are always appreciated!