Kearney & Trecker Core memory, may be PDP8

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Wed Nov 12 01:09:18 CST 2014

On 11/11/2014 9:12 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 11/11/2014 09:18 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

>> The fact that the board have four edge connectors and not six totally
>> excludes PDP-11.
> The first and last picture of the ebay listing above clearly has SIX
> edge connectors.
> And, in fact, a number of PDP-11 peripheral boards had only 4 connectors.
> CPU boards and memory did usually have 6.
>
> Jon

I based my PDP8 on googling and looking for comments about the processor
type.  There was a history page which said they used PDP8s in their
designs.  I know that the 6 up is more common for PDP11, but wanted to
throw it out there.  I figured a core board of the right variety for
$195 might be a steal since the seller didn't list it to be on the DEC
hardware searches on Ebay.

Thanks for Al's comment on the 6800 board.  I see about half of all
photos being crap these days on ebay.  I was crossing fingers it would
be a design that started out as an actual dec, and maybe had a small
board built up with a Harris pdp processor on it.  I know that is a
really long shot, but not impossible.

thanks for the comments.
Jim