AS/400

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Sun Nov 9 17:36:49 CST 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 07:25:35PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> Are there any AS/400 emulators out there?
>
> Alternately, any baby AS/400 systems in the Columbus, OH area? I'm asking
> for a friend.

On a similar note, are there any AS/400 systems in the Central Texas area in
need of a good home?  I'm asking for myself.  :-)  I work as an operator in
a shop with both an IBM mainframe running z/OS and an AS/400.  Well, our
most recent box is an iSeries, but we still call it an AS/400.  I deal
primarily with the mainframe.  We're about to start transitioning from our
in house written mainframe system to an AS/400 based solution.  Sadly our
mainframe is on its way out, unless the project to move entirely to the
AS/400 platform fails.  Looking for resources for learning more about
AS/400s naturally the thought of collecting an older one came to mind.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.