Osborne Vixen - Zenith 7" display t-shooting issues

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 21:34:52 CST 2014

"Don't be alarmed if you see smoke or fire" (coming out of your CFLs) -
"It's just the end of life"

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/consumerwatch-cfl-bulb-safety-1.1210152

CFLs definitely do not like being enclosed or upside down; they can also
create substantial RF interference.And then there's the mercury content, dim
light, especially when cold, etc. But they're a good source of parts...

 I haven't had my LED lamps long enough yet to see how they fare in those
conditions.