Osborne Vixen - Zenith 7" display t-shooting issues

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:41:13 CST 2014

Say, one quick question... this has been bugging me.

Exactly how is it that one little TO-220 device can have a Pt (total power
dissipated, right?) of like 75W, when a plain 75W power resistor is
physically many, many times larger and more massive? Does that Pt imply
some serious heat-sinking or something?

And if so, then why aren't all TO-220 power devices in the same range? Why
would some be rated as low as 5-10W, if it's really a matter of sufficient
cooling?