HP 16500A Breakout and Missile Command

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Mon Dec 29 15:41:54 CST 2014

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:20:48 -0600
Kyle Owen <kylevowen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2014 9:39 PM, "Glen Slick" <glen.slick at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'll have to give this a try. Do you know if this only works on the
> > 16500A, or might it also work on the B or C?
>
> I didn't see a response to Glen's question. I have a 16500B; will it
> work on that as well?

I tried it in my 16500B and it did NOT work. It would not boot the
16500A software - nor load the games.

It does "see" the files properly, but states they are not compatible.

I even tried substituting the 16500A system with the 16500B system on
the floppy diskette - and then the system would boot from the floppy -
but again, states that the games are not compatible.

Anyone else have any luck with the games on a 16500B/C?

Lyle

--
Bickley Consulting West Inc.
http://bickleywest.com