HP 16500A Breakout and Missile Command

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Dec 29 12:50:52 CST 2014

On 12/29/14 10:27 AM, Glen Slick wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 9:24 AM, jwsmobile <jws at jwsss.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps Martin Jones will give rights to the photos on this page?
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> http://martin-jones.com/category/hp-16500ab/
>>

> I did the 16500-66507 and 16500-66510 CPU board scans there at 300dpi.
> The original scans were 4800x3000. I could rescan those at a higher
> resolution if anyone wanted that. I think my Microtek 9800XL is
> supposed to do up to 1600dpi.
>
> I don't have an example of the 16500-66503 1MB CPU board myself to scan.

I only need to borrow the 16500-66503, if someone happens to have one in
the Bay Area.

I spent some time over the weekend experimenting with shooting pictures of
boards, so there are a bunch of new images in various places on bitsavers.

Getting good images is actually quite difficult. You want a lot of light
to get decent depth of field on boards, but too much and you get glare off
the solder mask. and shiny surfaces.

There is one picture I'm particularly proud of
http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/appliedMicrosystems/photos/ES_1800/Z8000_Cage_B2.jpg