PDP-11/34A cache

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Thu Dec 18 14:15:31 CST 2014

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:02:11 -0500 (EST)
jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu (Noel Chiappa) wrote:

> Hi, all, I'm looking for any/alldocumentation for the PDP-11/34A
> cache, the KK11-A. (And no, it's not in the 11/34A print set!)
>
> At least one document does exist, the KK11-A Cache Memory Technical
> Manual (EK-KK11A-TM-001); this page references it:
>
>   http://www.pdp-11.nl/pdp11-34a/cpu/options/cache-info.html
>
> but I can't find it online (well, someone's Flickr site has an image
> of one page of it, but that's all).
>
> The mention there of "cut the 'cache hit line' on the DD11-PK
> backplane" on that web page (above) has me concerned! But in general
> I'd like to know more about this board.

I put a copy of the PDP-11/34 Cache manual - KK11-A.pdf on my website.
You can get to it by anonymous FTP from a browser:

ftp://bickleywest.com/pdp1134

And download the manual

If your browser doesn't support FTP, use regular FTP as follows:

ftp bickleywest.com
Name: anonymous
Password: your email address
cd pdp1134