The 9406-270 - OS and Other Products Installed

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Sun Dec 7 16:44:40 CST 2014

Classic Computer Fans,

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 10:44:15PM -0600, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> Only one drive came up to choose from during the install process so
> everything is installed on it.  A WRKDSKSTS shows drive 1 at 33% and drive 0
> unused.  Is it possible to add drive 0 to the system at this point?

That was actually easy.  I just had to initialize the drive then add it to
the system ASP via SST.

> Some of the things I can think of that I'm sure need to be done at some
> point:
>
>     - Learn how to apply PTFs
>     - Create some user profiles
>     - Configure and start TCP/IP

Those are done.  Well, I haven't learned much about dealing with PTFs yet
but I did manage to apply a large PTF group.

>     - Explore backup options in case I have to reinstall or restore every 69
>       days.  I'd be surprised if the internal tape drive is functional.
>     - Learn all kinds of things I haven't even heard of yet

Those are still a work in progress.  It's been a fun weekend.  It's nice to
finally have something that requires an IPL instead of a boot.  :-)

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.