Intellec MDS available in Twin Cities MN

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Dec 5 20:01:51 CST 2014

On 12/05/2014 04:33 PM, drlegendre . wrote:

> It's a large white cube, about 20" on a side, with a CRT, one 8" floppy and
> a number of plug-in boards. There is also a blue Intel dual 8" drive, one
> seriously heavy-duty keyboard, a few cables and a bevy of 8" floppy discs.
> I also have an ICE pod for it, somewhere..

This doesn't sound like an MDS-800 or an MDS-2xx series box.

The MDS-800 is quite distinctive.

http://www.oldcomputermuseum.com/mds-800/mds-800.jpg

Has lots of slots and a big PSU.  Multibus boards are oriented vertically.

The MDS-225 looks like:

http://az343058.vo.msecnd.net/productlargeimages/0d1685ce18a54aa78a595f15b977f0cd.jpg

Most of which is the CRT; multibus boards oriented horizontally.

There was also an MDS-200, which looks like the bottom part of the 225
(no CRT).

--Chuck