Defeated by a Commodore 1950 Monitor

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 18:42:19 CST 2014

On Dec 1, 2014, at 5:44 PM, Mark J. Blair wrote:

> So, I guess I'll just keep my eyes open for a suitable CRT monitor that I like for the A3000. Maybe some older Viewsonic monitor in the 13"-17" range? If anybody near southern California might be able to use my failed 1950 for parts, or has a 1950 with a different failure that they'd like to dump on me, please let me know! Even though I don't anticipate being able to fix it, I don't want to throw it away, in case parts appear or some other collector can make use of it. So, I'll stash its carcass away for the time being.

Well, if you do replace it with another CRT monitor, don't toss the 1950! Monitors that sync that low are few and far between, and although the Commodore monitor ain't the best, it is a brand match and will work with the A3000 as well as the A1200 and A4000 in all unflicker-fixed modes.

An oscilloscope would go a long way to helping with the repair.