Will Anyone Sell Me A Couple Of DecTapes?

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 16:16:00 CST 1970

> I need a couple of DecTapes to finish debugging (and to use) my TU56. There
> haven't been any on Ebay or anywhere for many months. Does anyone have a
> couple they'd be willing to sell me?
>
> I'd prefer ones formatted from a pdp8 since that's what I'm using, but any
> at all would do.

I notice you're (probably) in the UK.

If you get no other offers, I can almost certainly find you a couple of reels. No idea what
is on them, I have a (single drive) TU56 [1] on my PDP8/e which came off another 8/e. Since the
tapes came with it, I would guess they're formatted for a PDP8 system, but I can't be sure. I have
never had the time to get it all working...

[1] No, not a TU55. This is a TU56 with just one transport and a blanking plate over the other holes, It is
an official DEC variant.

Where are you in the UK? I am wondering if I have to trust ParcelFarce with them...

-tony