Replacement for a DEC 7474 Chip

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:50:04 CDT 2022

On 2022-May-15, at 3:53 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
> I specifically said 74x74. Early TTL flipflops were very crude by
comparison.

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 11:28 AM Brent Hilpert via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> pre-TTL != early TTL

No, but 7470, 7472, 7473, and 74948  were _very_ early and were also very
crude, as were their later L and H variants. 7474 was slightly later, and
less crude.

It should also be noted that the 7400 series was NOT the first commerical
TTL integrated circuits. The earlier TTL flip-flops were even more crude,
but I imagine the engineers that used them were nevertheless delighted at
the advance over RTL and DTL.