Replacement for a DEC 7474 Chip

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun May 15 10:57:10 CDT 2022

> What ever you do, don't use a Fairchild part. When I worked for Intel in
> the 80's, we finally band using Fairchild for any latching device. They
> failed on pullup current, even when the parts were sent back and they
> claimed they were good. We just gave up on them, we couldn't hold
> production while they figured it out.
> We had a similar problem with PowerOne, a manufacture of power supplies.

I've heard the same thing about Intel, Shugart, Verbatim, Wabash, Tandy,
Apple, Commodore, VW, Ford, Chevy, . . .

Just about EVERY company has released a bad product, and had their
reputation damaged.

A better warning is: "Between xxx and yyy, we had a lot of bad parts from
zzz."

SOME have cleaned up their act, and have made good products subsequently.