HP 54200D oscope practically worthless?

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Thu May 12 20:42:52 CDT 2022

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 5:55 PM Eric Smith via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> These appear to be derived from the 1630/1631 logic analyzers, some models
> of which have 'scope capability, which works as you've described. They must
> have decided to offer models with only the scope and without the logic
> analzyer (except for a digital triggering option), which seems like a bad
> idea. Probably why I'd never heard of these before.

Without taking a close look at the specifications for any differences,
the scope capability of the 54200 might be basically the same as the
1631.

The 54201 scope adds a repetitive sampling capability that doesn't
appear to be present on the 54200 and 1631, which increases the
bandwidth up to 300MHz instead of 50MHz in the real-time sampling
mode.