PDP 11/24 - A Step Backwards

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 31 01:16:56 CDT 2022

Yes I found that on the schematic and surmise that this is what has failed.

> Of course _why_ Q15 failed, if it has, is another matter.

Yes, a bit concerning, and as Noel says maybe this has damaged something else, or that something else on the CPU caused Q15 to fail (if indeed it did). Perhaps I should follow Noel Chiappa's suggestion and disconnect ACLO, DCLO and LTC, they are all on the same connector and see how far it gets. If that works then I think repair ACLO and see if anything on the CPU is bad or anything else that might cause a short on the ACLO signal of the bus.