PDP 11/24 - A Step Backwards

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Mar 27 15:12:17 CDT 2022

On 3/27/2022 11:49 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> On 3/27/22 14:48, Chris Zach via cctalk wrote:
>> Bigger question is who repaired the power supply "under warranty"?
>>

> My guess would be whoever fixed it this last time and warranted it.
>
> bill

I have an Alpha DS-20 retired Feb 2021 that was under service contract
thru 3/2021.  The PDP 11s are probably actively supported by those who
are supporting customers with active systems.  Article said use of
software and probably hardware thru the rest of the decade.

DS-20 was replaced by High Availability configuration Dell servers,
Alpha on Intel emulation.  No change to OS or software in the
migration.  Same goes for PDP 11, and possibly this was retired in such
a move with remaining warranty.  (didn't see where OP got the system.

thanks
Jim