ID UV erasable PROMS used on an IBM PC board?

D. Resor organlists1 at sonic.net
Tue Mar 22 04:40:34 CDT 2022

There are a few other problems.

The power supply does not power up.  Three of it's four voltages are missing
(+5vdc, +8.5vdc, +13vdc).  With no connections to the power supply board,
the +5vdc measures 4.92vdc while the other two voltages are still zero
volts.

The second issue I found upon removing the driver and processor board is
moisture had entered the typewriter's electronics and the connector between
the two boards has corrosion on many of the pins and on the PWB near the
connector.

I do not have access to a microscope.

I know it has been explained to me elsewhere that UV exposure from
florescent lamps can erase the proms.  The way I understand is the glass of
the florescent lamp filters out any UV radiation (as does the piece of glass
mounted in front of quartz halogen lighting).  In order that a UV lamp can
operate correctly the tube must be made of quartz, not glass.

Am I wrong here?

Don Resor