IBM 5110 (5100)

Brent Hilpert bhilpert at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 17 23:35:40 CDT 2022

On 2022-Mar-17, at 9:09 PM, Guy Sotomayor via cctalk wrote:
> But it has APL (you can tell by the keyboard *and* the BASIC/APL switch).
>
> I can't say if the price is worth it for that...but having the APL ROS and the keytops has some value.

Yes, that is the particular interest in this unit by my friend.

Do you have any tech knowledge of these models? Was the ROS mask-programmed ROMS? standard types or IBM special?
I saw a web page or two with failed units that claimed the fault was the ROS but have no idea from what analysis they believe it to be the ROS.