LSSM is chasing this, was Re: General Data? Computer Equipment Auction - GSA

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 17 11:20:51 CDT 2022

On 3/17/22 12:10, Jay Logue wrote:
> I interpreted "disappear into the black hole of a private collection" as
> meaning "regrettably unavailable for viewing and/or use by anyone but
> the collector".  This has nothing to do with how well the systems are
> preserved.

   Thank you Jay, that's the biggest issue in my view, at least in the
shorter term.

> And while the particular choice of words may be somewhat inflammatory
> (although not to me), I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment.

   I will try to choose my words better in the future.

   If I'd known that opening a museum would be met wish such hostility,
from day one, I'd never have gone to the trouble.  Even with my
less-than-rosy opinion of human nature, I never saw it coming.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA