LSSM is chasing this, was Re: General Data? Computer Equipment Auction - GSA

Tom Hunter ccth6600 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:30:13 CDT 2022

Dave,

Your following comment is offensive:

"I hope these systems go to a good home, and don't disappear into the black
hole of a private collection."

You equate private collections with black holes. I think on the contrary
many private collectors do a better job at preserving old systems than
"museums".

I remember several "museums" which have failed in recent years.
At least four of them have been much too greedy and took on way more than
they could handle and in effect turned the collections into scrap.

And then there is of course the sorry saga of the Living Computer "Museum"
in Seattle which has sucked up a lot of old systems from private collectors.