Commodore vic 20 poweroff

Tapley, Mark B. mark.tapley at swri.org
Wed Mar 16 17:49:16 CDT 2022

> On Mar 16, 2022, at 3:29 PM, Jim MacKenzie via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> [EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Mostly concur. I actually have 2 really nice pizza-box “power bars” which are about the same footprint as a small CRT monitor. They have a single “master” switch, so can be operated as above, and also individual switches for computer, monitor, printer, … so that you can sequence all of the peripherals on before the computer itself if that is desireable. I’m pretty sure my TRS-80 recommended that, and the monitor it had would definitely cause a minor flicker in the lights at power-on, so it makes sense to me to get that transient over with before turning on the computer’s power supply.
		- Mark