VCF East 2022

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Wed Mar 16 16:19:08 CDT 2022

    Exhibitors wanted! Deadline to apply is April 1. Exhibits are NOT limited to
the shows two main themes.

    "Ever wonder about the roots of today?s technological society?  Did you
spend Covid nostalgically playing old video games from the past on an emulator?
Do you want to get hands-on with computers ranging from the 1960s thru the
early 1990s?

    Come to the Vintage Computer Festival East in Wall, NJ on April 22nd thru
April 24th, 2022.

    On Friday, April 22nd, there are classes in everything from programming the
Apple II computer to "learn to solder" sessions for both kids and adults. You
can even solder together your own Intel based computer with our partner
GlitchWorks.

    On Saturday and Sunday (April 23rd & 24th), join us for hands-on exhibits of
vintage and classic computers along with talks from the people who were at the
beginning of vintage computer history. Learn how vintage computers lead to
today's world of technology becoming commonplace instead of niche hobby.

    This year we have two themes for our weekend talks: Women in computing and
Computers for the Masses.

    Talks include a reunion of Commodore employees talking about their days
working at Commodore Computers as well as the creators of the Commodore Vic-20
and C64.  Talks by Margaret Morabito, the editor of RUN magazine. Learn the
history of video game programming starting with the Atari 2600 to modern times
with Burger Becky a long-time veteran of the video game industry.

    Consignment sales will be open all weekend where our members will be selling
everything from vintage Apple to Zenith computers and everything in between, as
well as parts for computers, peripherals, and other vintage computer equipment.
Who knows, you may find the items to complete your nostalgic journey back to
the 1980s. Will you find the personal and home computer that you have been
looking for?

    Learn more about the Vintage Computer Festival East at
https://vcfed.org/wp/events/vintage-computer-festival-east"