Looking for computer and individual to read old floppy disks

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Mar 11 19:39:43 CST 2022

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> I could do it, but I'm a little squeezed for time and energy right now.
> Spending my mornings under the LINAC.

Yikes!
The word "under" means that you are not doing atomic physics experiments.

Very sorry to hear it.

I got more details from the guy with the disks.  They are apparently
"360K" PC floppies with XYWRITE files, and he wants to load the file
contents into a "modern"? word processor.  So hopefully, somebody can help
him, with a simple COPY *.*, and I think that he now understands that he
might also need to get back a copy of XYWRITE to turn the file content
into something usable.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com