Rack Discussion Continued - Slide lubricant

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Wed Mar 2 12:10:35 CST 2022

On Wednesday (03/02/2022 at 12:05PM -0600), Mike Katz wrote:
> I have several difficult slides in my H960 rack.
>
> What is the best lubricant for the slides?
>
> I was wondering if graphite would work better than oil due to the fact that
> it won't pick up dirt and dust.

I have not done this yet on these particular slides but I think I would
clean them well with something that would remove the old lubricant--
maybe isopropyl alcohol or even WD-40 (as a cleaner, not a lubricant)
and then grease them with light, white lithium grease.

I have used such on other equipment slides with success.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist