Xerox 800 Word Processor 1974 promo film

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Jul 10 16:06:15 CDT 2022

On 7/10/22 13:41, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

>> On Jul 10, 2022, at 4:10 AM, Christian Corti via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 2 Jul 2022, Grant Taylor wrote:
>>> I don't know that I've ever heard / seen the name "Rank" prefixing "Xerox" before.
>>
>> Actually I knew them only as Rank Xerox many years ago, when they were commonly known as office suppliers, e.g. photo copiers and printers.
>
> Is the "Rank" prefix part of the company name in Europe?

For a time, it was even present in Japan.

The Rank Organisation.  Surely you've seen some old British Pinewood
Studios films with J. Arthur Rank's big gong as an intro?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Arthur_Rank
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rank_Organisation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uie4YqrhNHQ   (For Gongman)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKn8HI9UI1s (BBC n Pinewood Studios)