MITS Altair availanle

Dave Dunfield dave.dunfield at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 11:16:20 CDT 2022

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still offering for sale my:

   Original (1975) MITS Altair 8800 (not the later A or B versions)

I'm sure most of you know the historical significance of this machine, but
just in case:  It is often described as "the first personal computer" (before
"IBM PC", Apple, Commodore and the others) - in other words, it is one of
the first systems that "normal" people could actually own! Many well known
pioneers in the software industry (eg: Bill Gates) did their early development
on an Altair!

Complete and fully functional, this machine boots and runs a couple
operating systems from the era.

Includes:
 Main Altair 8800 system unit.
 Altair disk case with two Sugart SA-400 drives (1976)
 Multiple S-100 cards. (I'll toss in all my extras as well)
 Lear-Siegler ADM-3A terminal (1976)
 Dozens of 5.25" hard sector floppy diskettes!
 Original manuals and documentation.
 Jan+Feb 1975 Issues of "Popular Electonics" which featured the Altair.

You can see it and read more about it on "Daves Old Computers".

This system is located: near Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Note: I no longer actively monitor this list, the best way to reach me is:

   "Daves Old Computers" -> "Personal Site" -> "Contact"

Dave