2 microvax 3800's for sale

Jonathan Stone kiwi_jonathan at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 15:46:53 CST 2022

 On Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 01:34:34 PM PST, devin davison via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

[...]

>Im looking to get some offers and see what i can expect to get for them. [...]

For comparison purposes, recycledgoods.com has listed a couple of BA213 chassis, still unsold, for at least 18 months.
(they are also listed on eBay). IIRC, asking price has gone as low as $750,

I bought a Microvax 3600 (?) on eBay about 18 months ago for $500. I got it mounted in a DEC rack with a DEMPR; a GCR (6250bpi) tape drive and controller, an SMD controller and drives, a slew of spare boards; plus a VCB02 (GPX, QDSS) board set with S-handle bulkheads; vt220 console terminal, two moving boxes full of manuals, and other stuff which is slipping my mind.

At the other end of the spectrum, the same seller had a lot of 4 microvax and VAXstation (BA213/215) systems which went on eBay for about $3000. Buyer paid air-freight to Scotland. I suspect they're a reseller with customers who still have VAX equipment in production use.