DEC RX01 Parts

Mike Katz bitwiz at 12bitsbest.com
Fri Jan 21 18:42:12 CST 2022

Thank you.  That is what I figured.  Now all I need is a RK8E or RX28
controller and I'm all set.

I'm becoming more and more tempted to have some of Roland's TTL version
boards made and build one up myself.

I am trying to get an 8" shugart type drive and using the GreaseWeazel I
will be able to format disks for RX01.

The author of the original firmware is working with me to modify the
firmware for the screwy RX02 format.

The nice thing about the RX01 drive set that I have is that I can just
flip a dip switch and have an RX02 instead (as long as I install the
appropriate RX02 OS/8 driver and have the RX28 controller card).

Thanks again,

             Mike