seeking Motorola M68MM01A2 documentation

Mike Katz bitwiz at 12bitsbest.com
Tue Jan 18 21:26:05 CST 2022

If you include the 6875 Timer chip, follow the data sheet carefully,
it's a little tricky in its discretes (I don't remember from 40 years
ago what exactly it is).

The biggest disadvantage to the 6850 ACIA and 14411 Baud rate generator
is the baud rate is NOT software selectable.

SWTBUG was much better than MIKBUG and GMXBUG was even better.

If you want to emulate both the SWTPC and Motorola board addresses I
would strongly recommend some kind of programmable logic to handle the
very different addressing schemes.

The SS-30 I/O Bus had the address decoding on the motherboard. Each slot
was allocated 4 address (the later MC6809 version upped this to 16
address.)  Where as the Motorola system addressed differently.