WARNING: Clear QIC Tape Bands

Jonathan Chapman lists at glitchwrks.com
Tue Jan 18 09:33:25 CST 2022

https://i.imgur.com/48EfOQG.jpg

That's after sitting parked a couple months. I have a Dysan doing it too. The Dysan had been re-banded with a boiled 3M band and run for years like that with no shedding. I have another Dysan with a green Plastiband in it which is also fine, minimal/no shed. So, I think we may need to re-evaluate if the clear Amazon cheap "plastibands" are perhaps totally incompatible with tape.

I know, I know..."just use the band to get data off." But I want to *run* QICs without having to destroy them constantly.

Thanks,
Jonathan