The Portable C Compiler (pcc)

Tom Hunter ccth6600 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 03:59:13 CST 2022

I have managed to build the latest version of Anders Magnusson's PCC.
It won't build out of the box and requires code and Makefile changes.
It emits valid looking Nova assembly.
Unfortunately it needs a machine support library which is not included to
do function prolog, epilog, shift operators, multiplications, conversions,
some of the assignments and indirections.
There is an old README which provides sample implementations which don't
match the code generated by the compiler.
With some reasonable effort I think the bare-bones Nova support could be
made to work properly (without any target OS support).
It would be nice to be able to do some low-level work in C rather than
doing everything in assembly.

Tom