Source for replacement caps in H744 regulators

dave.g4ugm at gmail.com dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 04:22:23 CST 2022

Rob,

The voltage rating is just an absolute maximum. For PSU capacitors the other
critical rating is ripple current. Lower voltages are
The capacitance value won't be too critical either. At the time that was
made typical electrolytic tolerances were -50/+100%
So your 6,000uf could be anywhere between 3,000uf and 12,000uf when new, so
I suspect these

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-capacitors/8556059

Sprague, 5,800uf 50v would be ok provided they physically fit... although RS
has only one in stock...

Dave