The Prolok Saga (Was: Applesauce FDC

Alexandre Souza alexandre.tabajara at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 04:47:23 CST 2022

Fred, a completely unrelated piece of information, but interesting
nonetheless:

Elnec device programmers are very famous for the number of devices it
programs and its robustness. Also for their clones. If you open a cloned
beeprog you cannot differ it from an original beeprog.

I still haven't completely reverse engineered the protection, but it seems
to be related to the serial number. If any host software beyond 2.63
detects a "fake programmer" it BRICKS the cloned prigrammer. Yes, rends it
useless. You gotta reprogram a pair of eeproms and a pic to make it work
back again.

You told about the prolok plus erasing hds and I remembered of this atitude
from elnec. And no, I know of no one that sued elnec for bricking their
clone programmer.

So bad. They are great programmers, I have an old beeprog.

73 de pu2sex Alexandre

Enviado do meu Tele-Movel