VAX 780 on eBay

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jan 4 01:14:14 CST 2022

On 1/3/22 6:49 PM, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
> On 1/3/22 4:01 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>> https://twitter.com/DonaldM38768041/status/1215804561333473280/photo/2
>
> Interesting series of tweets.
>
> I'm surprised by the tweet about Seymour Cray founding Control Data
> Corporation.  I know that Cray /worked/ for CDC, and left to found Cray
> Research, but I was not aware that Seymour had anything to do with
> founding CDC.

Seymour Cray, along with Bill Norris and Jim Thornton and others left
Remington Rand/UNIVAC after Rand bought the near-bankrupt ERA.
Apparently, the work environment at Rand was felt to be stifling.
Norris had all of the Navy connections and was a great marketer, so
bringing some of Rand's engineering talent along was a natural.

--Chuck