VAX 780 on eBay

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Sun Jan 2 20:14:06 CST 2022

On 1/2/22 6:59 PM, ben via cctalk wrote:
> But can the Pi handle a gazillion students all time sharing at once
> @ 2400?

I think that will depend on how you connect the serial terminals.

I know that it's possible to establish network connectivity to serial
terminal servers.  I don't know how many of those terminal servers can
be connected to SimH.  It may be better to use LAT between terminal
servers and VMS running in the emulated VAX.

> How long was the VAX timesharing era as I suspect networked PC's come
> out soon after that.

Good question.

--
Grant. . . .